The water permit for this property was taken out in 1903 by Charles E. Gill, of Gill's
Livery, who lived to the south at 2015 Francis.|
There was a small structure on this site as early as 1897, according to the Sanborn Insurance of that year.
However, by 1911, as shown on the Sanborn Map of that year, this earlier structure had been replaced
by this large one, re-enforcing 1903 as the date of construction.
Although the original surface treatment has been sheathed in siding, many of the architectural details
and profile lines remain, rendering this building as a strongly contributing member of a potential
historic district in the Harris Addition area.
The building is positioned close to the street and is lined on the north by a drive.