The Pacific House was located on the corner of Third and Francis Streets|
It was built in the winter of 1859 and 1860.
At that time, its principal front was on Francis Street.
Its cost was $120,000.
It was opened and kept for some time by Loundsberry.
Shackleford and Hughes soon after succeeded him in the propriertorship.
In 1865, William K. Richardson was keeping the house.
He was succeeded by James H. Bagwell, who continued to keep it till December 15, 1868
In 1868, it was totally destroyed by fire.
In the following summer, it was rebuilt, with its main front on Third Street
On February 14, 1870, it was opened by Garth, Gilkey & Abell.
Two years after, Garth retired from the partnership
Gilkey & Abell continued the business till the expiration of their lease in December, 1879
In 1879, the building was closed for repairs.
The sum of $10,000 was expended for this purpose.
April 1, 1880, Kitchen Bros. proprietors opened the best house ever kept in a building.
One of the city's oldest hotels and had 75 rooms
It later became the Metropole Hotel
A parking lot currently exists at this location