St. Joseph Veterinary College was established in 1905.|
For two years, classes were held in a building in South St. Joseph.
In 1907, Drs. Steele, Good, and Lomax moved the school to a building at 7th and Sylvanie Streets.
The College offered a 3-year course, similar to other veterinary schools at that time, with a degree of Doctor of Veterinary Science.
The St. Joseph Veterinary College graduated its first class, a class of 13, on March 13, 1908
The College soon outgrew this building and needed new facilities of all kinds, as well as more teachers.
A building was purchased at 9th and Mary for the college where it was located until it closed in 1923